Did You Know...?
· 50 million people in the U.S. have a hearing loss?
· 30 of every one thousand school age children have a hearing loss?
· By age 65, one out of three people has a hearing loss?
· 78% of people with hearing loss experience their loss in adulthood?
· 76% of people who could benefit from hearing aids are not using them?
· People with hearing loss wait for an average of seven years before seeking help?
· Isolation, withdrawal and depression are the most common reactions to hearing loss?
· Hearing impaired people have a much higher divorce rate then hearing people
You Need To Know...
· Why you don't hear well.
· How to tell others.
· How to get help.
· How to select hearing aids.
· How to use and protect your hearing
· How to use Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs)
· How to use hearing aids successfully.
· How hearing loss affects you and your loved ones.
· How to create an environment where you can hear.
· What the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) means to you.
· How to assert your ADA rights in public places and on the job